April 13-14, 2018
Union County Fine Arts Center
926 Panther Overlook
Blairsville, GA 30512
We have a terrific line-up of featured tellers, including:
4/10/18: Advance ticket sales have ended, but you can still get tickets at the festival.
* Students age 18 and under and YHC students: FREE
* Teacher bringing a class: FREE
* General Admission: $20 for one day or $35 for two days
* Senior/Military Admission: $15 for one day or $25 for two days
* College Student Admission: $10 for one day or $15 for two days
For those of you looking to stay overnight or for the full weekend, we have some lodging options to recommend:
1. The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge (15 minutes from the festival venue) has reserved a block of rooms for festival-goers at $99 per night plus taxes and fees. Reservations will be accepted based upon availability up until March 12th. To reserve a room, call 706-896-2262 and identify yourself as coming for the Georgia Mountain Storytelling Festival.
2. The Seasons Inn in Blairsville (5 minutes from the festival venue) offers a regular low rate of $60 per night plus taxes and fees. For reservations, please call 706-745-1631 or 800-901-4422 Monday-Saturday 8AM-10PM.
We will post other lodging options and deals as they are confirmed.
One of the highlights of the festival every year is our display of quilts made or owned by folks in our area. If you have a quilt you'd like to contribute to the display, please send us an email message at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get you more information. Thanks!
Festival visitors should park around the UC Schools Fine Arts Center. Disabled visitors may park in front of the building, although the number of spots is limited. Several large lots near the building will be designated for festival visitors. The walk from these lots to the building is short but involves stairs. For your convenience, shuttles will be running from the parking lots to the building and back throughout the festival.
Concessions provided by Cabin Coffee Company will be sold in the lobby of the Fine Arts Center throughout the festival. Bottled water may be taken into the theater, but please consume all other food and drinks outside the theater space. This facility is fairly new, and we want to do our part to help keep it nice.
We will have a food tent with seating open during the festival's lunch and dinner breaks. Nate's on the Square--a wonderful local restaurant--will be selling meals there. Papa's Pizza to Go will be selling pizza by the slice, and Nana and Papa's Ice Cream will be selling delicious homemade ice cream. The food tent will be set up in a parking lot that's just a short walk from the venue, although there are stairs. For your convenience, shuttles will be running from the Fine Arts Center to the food tent and back during the lunch and dinner breaks.
If you'd like to leave the venue to have lunch or dinner in town, stop by the festival registration table for a list of local restaurants.